Sunday, March 27, 2011

Funny airline English translation mistakes

Mistakes of translation from a language into English can always appear. Sometimes the translation may cause awkward, funny or even danger to people. I remember when I was a child, my cousin told me story about a Japanese entering a room. The Japanese was walking in front of an English speaker. And the English man say "freeze" from the Japanese's back. But he thought that the English man said "please" to invite him to enter the room. You should know what happen to the Japanese next. You might ask me whether it's a true story or not. I don't know, either. But such misheard and misunderstood phrase can be very dangerous.

Besides, dangerous translations of misunderstood situation, there are also translations that cause a lot of laughters when you read. Usually they are notice in public places. Here, I found a link to those funny translations. Read carefully, and you'll find them very funny.
Custom Search